Who doesn’t want to look, feel, and perform better? Yeah, we’re going to go out on a limb here and say just about everyone. And that’s the inspiration behind Bloom, to empower people to live an extraordinary life. Gone are the days of extra-large supercomputers and trips to medical labs. Using Bloom, you can track 15 different health metrics from home in real time at a fraction of the cost. And based on those health metrics receive personalized food, supplements, and lifestyle recommendations to help you live and be extraordinary. That means happy, healthy, and for a long time. Quite literally. Because the more time you have, the more time you can spend doing the things you love most.
A healthy relationship starts with transparency. We appreciate that you’re trusting bloom with information that is important to you.
Here we describe the privacy practices for our devices, applications, software, websites, APIs, products, and services (the “Services”). You will learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe. Hey, we owe it to you. And you owe it to your health.
Bloom is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, or to directly affect the structure or any function of the body.
THE SHORT-ISH VERSION (PRIVACY HIGHLIGHTS):
These "Privacy Highlights" provide a bird’s eye view of some core components of our data handling practices. Please be sure to review the Full Privacy Statement.
Bloom collects your data in order to provide personalized recommendations that help you look, feel, and perform better. Simple put to be extraordinary. We collect personal information in connection with your relationship with us as a customer or potential customer including;
- through your use of https://blo.om/ and any country top level domain name (the “Site“),
- through your use of our mobile application
- through your use of and applications for our products and services and participation in our program(s);
- by interacting with our content and/or services such as online training; or
- by contacting with our team members.
Information We Collect.
Everything we need, nothing that we don’t.
We generally collect the following information:
- Technical information: For example, the type of internet browser and the operating system. We use this information to help provide a good user experience on the Site.
- Log information: For example, the details of the use of the Site by you, the visits to the Site and traffic data. We use this information to help us understand how users use the Site and to improve user experience.
- Information you share directly with us. We collect and process your information when you place an order, create an account, take a Bloom test, complete research surveys, post on our Forums or use other messaging features, and contact Customer Care. This information can generally be categorized as Registration Information, Self-Reported Information, and/or User Content as defined in our full Privacy Statement.
- Information from our urine testing services. With your consent, we analyze a Bloom Test Strip with your urine to produce your wellness score.
How We Use Information.
We don’t mess around.
We generally process Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To provide our Services. We process Personal Information in order to provide our Service, which includes processing payments, shipping test strips, supplements, or other items to customers, creating customer accounts and authenticating logins, analyzing saliva samples and DNA, and delivering results and powering tools like recommendation.
- To analyze and improve our Services. We constantly work to improve and provide new reports, tools, and Services. For example, we are constantly working to improve our ability to analyze test strip data and maximize the granularity of our results. We may also need to fix bugs or issues, analyze use of our website to improve the customer experience or assess our marketing campaigns.
Information Related to the Tests.
The big data breakdown.
To use Bloom, you will need to complete urine tests. Your responses to each Test will be collected and tracked over time.
Further, we may collect your responses to questions related to such lifestyle and other factors as your stress level, sleep amount and physical activity as these factors may have an impact on your Test results.
When completing a Test, if you do not wish to make optional personal information available, you do not have to complete those sections. If you supply personal information and later wish for it to be removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In a nutshell, you’re the boss.
Bloom gives you the ability to share information in a variety of ways. You choose:
- To store an image of your test card after it has been analyzed.
- Which recommendations you view and/or opt-in to view.
- To give or decline consent for Bloom research. By agreeing to the Informed Consent Document.
- To delete your Bloom account and data, at any time.
Access To Your Information.
Here’s the facts.
Your Personal Information may be shared information in the following ways:
- With our service providers, including our engineers and scientists.
- With research collaborators, only if you have given your explicit consent through the Informed Consent form.
Bloom will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent. Promise.
- We do not share customer data with any public databases.
- We will not provide any person’s data to an insurance company or employer.
- We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant
How We Secure Information.
Priority number one.
Bloom implements measures and systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Bloom data.
- De-identification/Pseudonymization, encryption, and data segmentation. Registration Information is stripped from Sensitive Information, including any personal data. This data is then assigned a random ID so the person who provided the data cannot reasonably be identified. Bloom uses industry standard security measures to encrypt sensitive personal data both when it is stored (data-at-rest) and when it is being transmitted (data-in-flight). Additionally, data are segmentedzacross logical database systems to further prevent re-identifiability.
- Limiting access to essential personnel. We limit access of information to authorized personnel, based on job function and role. Bloom access controls include multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, and a strict least-privileged authorization policy.
- Detecting threats and managing vulnerabilities. Bloom uses state of the art intrusion detection and prevention measures to stop any potential attacks against its networks. We have integrated continuous vulnerability scanning in our build pipeline and regularly engage third party security experts to conduct penetration tests.
Risks and Considerations.
Let’s get real for a moment.
There may be some consequences of using Bloom Services that you haven't considered.
- You may discover things about yourself and/or your family members that may be upsetting or cause anxiety and that you may not have the ability to control or change.
- In the event of a data breach it is possible that your data could be associated with your identity, which could be used against your interests.